Re: [Xen-devel] Bug in Xen 4.1.0: Xen leaks tapdisk2 processes

Ian Campbell wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-05-03 at 18:18 +0100, Nathan March wrote:

>>> I'm assuming this is xl specific and that xend isn't behaving this way
>>> too, is that correct?
>>>
>> That's a good question, I'm not really sure. I'm doing all the vm
>> creation/migration/shutdown using libvirt 0.9.0 rc1 and just connecting
>> with xen:/// to the local xend.  I thought xl was just a userspace
>> replacement for xm and the backend functionality was the same?

libvirt 0.9.0 was released.  In fact, 0.9.1 is now out.

> xl is a complete standalone toolstack, including the backend
> functionality.
>

>> I don't have a spare server to test the patch with at the moment, but I
>> can try this out later this week.
>>

> If you are running xm/xend rather than xl then it won't help.
>
> But I'm not sure how one tells with libvrit which you are running, I'd
> expect that if xend were running it would be used by default. Jim?

If xend is running, libvirt will use it.  If not, it will attempt to use
libxenlight.  'virsh version' will tell which xen backend you are using.

E.g. if xend is running:
xen33: # virsh version
Compiled against library: libvir 0.9.0
Using library: libvir 0.9.0
Using API: Xen 3.0.1

If xend is not running:
xen33: # virsh version
Compiled against library: libvir 0.9.0
Using library: libvir 0.9.0
Using API: xenlight 0.9.0

Looks like I need to put libxenlight's version in there instead of
libvirt's version, but 'Xen' vs. 'xenlight' will tell which libvirt
backend is being used.

Regards,
Jim