Re: [Xen-devel] xl save -c issues with Windows 7 Ultimate

On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 6:01 AM, Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, 2011-04-29 at 20:28 +0100, AP Xen wrote:
> I am trying to do an "xl save -c" on a Windows 7 Ultimate domain that
> will leave the domain running at the end of the save operation.

Do you have pv drivers installed which support checkpoint suspends? I'm
not sure if such a thing even exists for Windows.

I'm also not entirely sure that checkpointing was ever supported for HVM
domains without PV drivers (e.g. via emulated hibernation). Perhaps the
Remus guys know?

Remus works with HVM domains via normal xenstore based suspend/resume.
Only PV-HVM support is "disabled" for the moment.
[...]
> At the end of this the domain is frozen. Is this a known issue? Any
> pointers as to how to debug this? Where does xl pipe its debug
> messages to?

/var/log/xen/xl-<domname>.log. You can also do "xl -vvv <command>" to
get some additional debug output.

Yes. the logs would be great. Also, by frozen, do you mean the domain remains
in "suspended" state? or is Windows hung?

shriram
Ian.