[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [Xen-devel] HVM domU with sdl not scheduled after vt-switch

  • To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Dietmar Hahn <dietmar.hahn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 May 2011 08:59:10 +0200
  • Cc: Vincent Hanquez <vincent.hanquez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 02 May 2011 00:00:58 -0700
  • Domainkey-signature: s=s1536a; d=ts.fujitsu.com; c=nofws; q=dns; h=X-SBRSScore:X-IronPort-AV:Received:X-IronPort-AV: Received:Received:From:To:Subject:Date:User-Agent:Cc: References:In-Reply-To:X-KMail-Markup:MIME-Version: Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:Message-Id; b=js1Z0p6d4xZA2/M3s2OxDtbwmHdFXXormW0Sp6PfvYunxPeapknlqkDr 37Iteyn9agav/XMRyVm+xriSOwAA1+6VN6wW54RvGdK5QrfxXP9g0Nwbp m3MfOKmim1pd9Q+Fj44e1yHEJZpPC1BgmXzWQQcbzc34uKcc1UjOkrMDF hqkM1wp4plEKMunRerormIlBk0hX+qOoqj6z2CDtHokShQ5LdB9iHrgO5 eq+crmwzDMsb5davHoHNUONuMd0bc;
  • List-id: Xen developer discussion <xen-devel.lists.xensource.com>

Am 28.04.2011 schrieb "Dietmar Hahn <dietmar.hahn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>":

> Am 27.04.2011 schrieb "Vincent Hanquez <vincent.hanquez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>":

> > On 04/27/2011 12:27 PM, Dietmar Hahn wrote:

> > >

> > > The domU gets scheduled again after switching back to the virtual screen.

> > >

> > > This is not the case when using vnc.

> > >

> > > What is the cause and where in the source can I find the implementation?

> > >

> > > Thanks!

> > >

> > That's a known problem of SDL generally, it's not linked to qemu itself

> > (i've seen the same behavior happened on other program using SDL). You

> > probably want to look at the SDL source for the reason why.


> Great, I will have a look at this.

It hangs in qemu in gui_update() -> dpy_refresh() -> sdl_refresh()

Via libSDL, libX11, libxcb the function xcb_wait_for_reply() gets called.

It never gets an answer from the Xserver, because the Xserver doesn't answer

any requests when switching the vt-console.

Because gui_update() gets called via a qemu timer and never return it stops qemu.

I tried to move the qui_update() into an own thread to get the main qemu loop

running but then the first call of sdl_update() leads to:

X Error of failed request: BadAccess (attempt to access private resource denied)

Major opcode of failed request: 154 (GLX)

Minor opcode of failed request: 26 (X_GLXMakeContextCurrent)

Serial number of failed request: 31

Current serial number in output stream: 31

and qemu exits.

I googled a little bit and found XInitThreads() but this doesn't help.

Any hints are welcome ;-) !



Company details: http://ts.fujitsu.com/imprint.html

Xen-devel mailing list



Lists.xenproject.org is hosted with RackSpace, monitoring our
servers 24x7x365 and backed by RackSpace's Fanatical Support®.