RE: [Xen-devel] tmem and construct_dom0 memory allocation race

Hi Dulloor --

Intel had previously reported a failure for 2.6.18-xen
dom0+tmem with dom0_mem unspecified.  I'm not sure if
this is the same bug or not.

The latest versions of the Linux-side tmem patch disable
tmem by default (in Linux, not Xen!) and require a kernel
boot option to turn it on.  Since dom0 is special and
I've done very little testing with dom0 using tmem (as
tmem is primarily used with guests), I think the correct
(at least short-term) fix for this will be to not enable
tmem for dom0 when dom0_mem is unspecified.  I haven't
gotten around to updating 2.6.18-xen for awhile, assuming
it is increasingly rarely used (except in products where
dom0_mem is always specified).

I'll try to submit a major update to the Linux-side
tmem patch for the 2.6.18-xen tree soon so at least
it is consistent with other Linux-side Xen patches.

Dan