[Xen-devel] [RFC] pv guest numa [RE: Host Numa informtion in dom0]

I am attaching (RFC) patches for NUMA-aware pv guests.

* The patch adds hypervisor interfaces to export minimal numa-related
information about the memory of pv domain, which can then be used to
setup the node ranges, virtual cpu<->node maps, and virtual slit
tables in the pv domain.
* The guest-domain also maintains a mapping between its vnodes and
mnodes(actual machine nodes). These mappings can be used in the memory
operations, such as those in ballooning.
* In the patch, dom0 is made numa-aware using these interfaces. Other
domains should be simpler. I am in the process of adding python
interfaces for this. And, this would work with any node selection
policy.
* The patch is tested only for 64-on-64 (on x86_64)

* Along with the following other patches, this could provide a good
solution for numa-aware guests -
- numa-aware ballooning  (previously posted by me on xen-devel)
- Andre's patch for HVM domains (posted by Andre recently)

I am in the process of making other places of dynamic memory
mgmt/operations numa-aware - tmem, memory exchange operations, etc.

Please let know your comments.

-dulloor