RE: [Xen-devel] Vt-d not working with 3.4.1

Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming) wrote:
> Dear Pasi,
>
> I suspect that there may be some problems with the Xen 3.4.1
> changeset of 6 August 2009.
>
> The bzImage kernel image that I compiled is not a bzip2 file, hence I
> cannot bzcat it. If I tried to do so, it will complain that it is not
> a bzip2 file.
>
> I did specify the following in my kernel configuration:
>
> CONFIG_HAVE_KERNEL_BZIP2=y
> CONFIG_KERNEL_BZIP2=y
> CONFIG_RD_BZIP2=y
> CONFIG_DECOMPRESS_BZIP2=y
>
> When I do a "xm dmesg" command, I see the following output:
>
> (XEN) Intel VT-d DMAR tables have been parsed.
> (XEN) Intel VT-d Snoop Control not supported.
> (XEN) Intel VT-d DMA Passthrough not supported.
> (XEN) Intel VT-d Queued Invalidation not supported.
> (XEN) Intel VT-d Interrupt Remapping not supported.
> (XEN) I/O virtualisation enabled
> (XEN) I/O virtualisation for PV guests disabled
>
> So can I confirm that I have VT-d support enabled?

Yes, "(XEN) I/O virtualisation enabled" means VT-d is enabled.

> (XEN) Intel VT-d Snoop Control not supported.
> (XEN) Intel VT-d DMA Passthrough not supported.
> (XEN) Intel VT-d Queued Invalidation not supported.
> (XEN) Intel VT-d Interrupt Remapping not supported.

Above messages mean those VT-d features are not supported, it may be they are
not available or disabled explicitly by 'iommu' parameter. Here, obviously your
platform doesn't support those features.

Regards,
Weidong