RE: [Xen-devel] HVM guest sees two NICs even though just one vif configured

> Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] HVM guest sees two NICs even though just one
> vif configured
>
> On 06/08/2009 12:12, "Fischer, Anna" <anna.fischer@xxxxxx> wrote:
>
> >> I more recent qemu allows the pv drivers in the guest to disconnect
> the
> >> emulated devices to avoid these problems.
> >
> > I am not too confident with having to rely on the guest to make such
> > disconnect happen. Is there no way to do this in Xen/Dom0?
>
> The disconnect would be triggered by the PV drivers you need in order
> to be
> able to use the PV devices. You generally want to disconnect the
> emulated
> devcies only when the PV drivers are ready, so it's the sensibel place
> trigger disconnect.

Yes, I understand that. But at least on the backend side, shouldn't there only
be a single device associated with the guest if I configured a single NIC for
my guest? Because otherwise, how do I know which one is active if the guest can
switch back and forth between them? I don't think that having the two devices
in Dom0 is an ideal solution for other management components on the system.