Re: [Xen-devel] [rfc 0/2] ioemu: Allow any unused PCI device to be used for pass-through

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 06:07:34PM +1100, Simon Horman wrote:
> The current limit of 2 pass-through devices seems to be rather small.
> These patches remove that limit and allow any unused PCI device to
> be used for pass-through, including hotplug.
>
> It seems that the first few (4) devices will be used for other purposes by
> HVM domains. However, it seems to me to be clean to make this code generic
> and cope with any device on the bus - saving the need for subsequent
> changes if the number of devices HVM domains use by default ever changes.
>
> There are also xend and hvmloader patches required for this change.
> I will submit them separately.

Hi Ian,

please consider applying these patches as they are required
for hotplug to work since the firmware and xend portions where
applied to xen-unstable.hg as:

changeset:   19362:986d0ed147ff
user:        Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxx>
date:        Tue Mar 17 10:48:52 2009 +0000
summary:     hvmloader: Allow any unused PCI device to be used for PCI
hotplug

changeset:   19361:6e3e841f0259
user:        Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxx>
date:        Tue Mar 17 10:42:32 2009 +0000
summary:     xend: Use AUTO_PHP_SLOT_STR=0xff rather than 0x0 for auto pci
allocation

Thanks

--
Simon Horman
  VA Linux Systems Japan K.K., Sydney, Australia Satellite Office