Re: Re[Xen-devel] ceiving NMI, when writing on mmaped PCI

Hi,

This problem comes from initialization of NI cards:
 they write BAR1 physical address inside the BAR0 , but in our case this
address is a virtual one
so then, card try to write inside this unknown address witch lead to a NMI
or host freeze/reboot.

I see 2 solutions :
- be able to force a virtual address for a PCI card attached to a HVM
(inside the HVM)
eg :
today I have 0xF3001000(VM) mapped to 0xF0200000(phys) best would be to
force VM PCI card address to 0xF0200000
Is it necessary to have a VM PCI address different from real physical
address for Xen and VT-D to work ?

- Be able to "catch" writing on specifics register (like the one needed by
NI to configure this card) and replace data with the real physical address
(witch is suposed to be the data) ?

Could anyone tell me which one of these solutions (or both) can be done?

Thank you.