Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Continuing problems booting

Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:
> Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
> Hm.  You should see "XEN PAGETABLES" in the early reservations, which
> should protect them from then on.  Oh, look, its only doing it in the
> 64-bit setup.

I see it is fixed in latest git.

Now the i386 machine shows other issues, device drivers fail to
register, errno 38 (ENOSYS).  Huh?  Also Shift-PgUp doesn't work, which
makes me think it is an interrupt issue.  APCI-less box.  The x86_64
machine (with IO-APIC) is doing fine.

>> BTW: The trick to see the messages on the laptop screen is:
>>
>>  kernel /xen-3.3.gz vga=text-80x50,keep
>>  module /vmlinuz-2.6.29-rc7-tip-kraxel ro root=/dev/zen/rawhide \
>>         console=hvc0
>>

> Hm, OK.  But normal vga console should work.

I can watch the cursor moving, just no characters appear on the screen.
 Maybe some I/O port access issue?  So the color palette is foobar and
it prints black on black?

> Works fine on 64-bit;
> can't think of why they might differ...

My x86_64 machine is headless, so I can't comment on that ;)

cheers,
  Gerd