Re: [Xen-devel] Re: What is more secure? HVM or PV ?

David Pilger <pilger.david@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> So, Is there any obvious conclusion about this topic? Or we can say
> that the security is the same in PV as in HVM?

Right now HVM is arguably slightly less secure compared to PV because
of the QEMU backends running as root in dom0.  The QEMU backends are
more complex than the PV backend drivers and (arguably) more prone to
bugs.

Once the QEMU backends are moved into a separate domain, they would be
equal in this respect since both will use the PV backends.

Cheers,