RE: [Xen-devel] [XENOPROFILE] Xenoprof passive profiling broken undercs 13062

  The problem is that we map xenoprof buffer for the passive hvm guest
  into dom0 and not into the guest since dom0 collects the profile
samples
  for the passive guest. The code was checking the mode for the guest
which is
  irrelevant; it should check the mode for dom0 (or coordinator) which
is
  mapping the buffer.
  With the provided patch, "shadow_mode_translate()" should now be
false,
  as expected, since it is now checking dom0 mode.

> returned.
>
> WRT profiling HVM guests:  with oprofile-0.9.2 plus your
> oprofile-0.9.2-xen.patch, it appears to work OK on an AMD
> RevG.  I haven't tried it on other processors yet.

  Good. Nice to hear that

  Regards

  Renato