Re: [Xen-devel] Re: logs attached. Re: [Xen-users] Can not findthe cdrom device in /dev/ afterbooted into xen(3.0.3)

On Fri, 2006-12-01 at 12:19 -0700, Liang Yang wrote:
> See attached.
> Hi Tim, Keir and Mats,
>
> I attached all the detailed log files (text file format). The file
extension
> indicate the version of environment. Please take a look.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Liang

Thought I'd add, it looks like your board is breaking up IDE and SATA on
two continents and both devices should be accessible.. however, you may
still need sr_mod too.

sr_mod, ide_cd and cdrom may do it if ide_cd and cdrom alone do not. It
depends on your MB (and type of cdrom). If its a burner, just ide_cd and
cdrom *should* get you read access to at least see the device, but I try
to avoid Intel and I'm not quite sure.

If its a lite-on burner (or similar), chances are you may need sr_mod as
its treated as a SCSI device when its writing, and its not showing up
because the device isn't initializing properly. Well, it is, but
modprobe doesn't think it is.

I have no idea why ide_cd won't see it in read only .. can you check
dmesg to see if one of the three modules failed to load?

To recap

modprobe sr_mod
modprobe ide_cd
modprobe cdrom