Re: [Xen-devel] Re: logs attached. Re: [Xen-users] Can not find the cdrom device in /dev/ afterbooted into xen(3.0.3)

On Fri, 2006-12-01 at 11:48 -0700, Liang Yang wrote:
> I just download Xen source and do "make world;make
> install;depmod..;mkinitrd...". I don't know which config file will be used
> if I build Xen like this (maybe the config-2.6.16.29-xen under the directory
> dist/install/boot).
>
>  I did a grep with "CONFIG_BLK_DEV_PIIX" and found it it set to m in the
> config-2.6.16.29-xen. I did a modprobe piix, however my CD-ROM is still not
> fired up (nothing is show up /dev/ as either cdrom or hd*).

what does modprobe ide_cd do for you? Remember its going to show up
as /dev/hd(b)? (c)? when its loaded.

If modprobe throws an error for that, something is *really* wrong.

the lspci from the native dump shows a bunch of undetected hardware, the
lspci from Xen looks quite a bit better.

I see ide_generic, but no ide_cd ... Give it a whirl and please post
back with results.

> Liang

Best,
-Tim