Cc: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, December 01, 2006 9:44 AM
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [Xen-users] Can not find the cdrom device in /dev/ after booted into xen(3.0.3)

On 1/12/06 16:38, "Liang Yang" <multisyncfe991@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

2. If I want to install HVM Linux from CDROM instead of file image, how can
I define the cdrom in .hvm file:
disk = [ 'phy:/dev/sdb,hda,w', 'phy:/dev/cdrom,hdc:cdrom,r' ] will not work as /dev/cdrom is not available. Then I tried disk = [ 'phy:/dev/sdb,hda,w',
'phy:/dev/hdc,hdc:cdrom,r' ]. It still does not work as /dev/hdc is not
available either.

How can I create /dev/hdc for my cd-rom?

When you boot native RHEL4.4, what is /dev/cdrom a symlink to? You should
try using the target of the symlink as the physical device target in your
HVM config file. If the target of the symlink also does not exist when
running on Xen then it is likely that your XenLinux kernel does not include
an appropriate driver for your CDROM device. Perhaps it is a SATA drive
connected to a SATA chipset for which our kernel does not have a driver?

-- Keir