[Xen-devel] RE: [Xen-users] Can not find the cdrom device in /dev/ after booted into xen(3.0.3)

/dev/cdrom is a "link" to the actual /dev/[sh]d[abcd] device that is the
CDROM drive. As far as I understand, it's normally created by the
distributions initrd. You may be able to disassemble your distributions
initrd and find the line that creates this link - but the fact is that
different distributions do this slightly differently.

Much easier to just use /dev/[sh]d[abcd] for your cdrom.

--
Mats