Re: [Xen-devel] PV-on-HVM Support

On Sun, 2006-10-29 at 12:39 +0200, Eric Benton wrote:
> Thanks Ian...
> I'm feeling like I'm supposed to solve a riddle :-)
>
> 1. What's all those patches? http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~sos22/pv-on-hvm/

I'm not sure. I think they are probably Stevens patches from before they
were merged into xen-unstable.

> 2. How do I incorporate these unmodified drivers in my build in order
> to create a working PV-on-HVM guest?

There is a README in the unmodified_drivers subdirectory which explains
what you need to do.

It is basically the same as for building any out of tree driver:
        cd unmodified_drivers/linux-2.6
        sh mkbuildtree i386
        make -C /path/to/kernel/source M=$(pwd) modules modules_install

The kernel source is usually pointed to by /lib/modules/$(uname
-r)/build if you have the relevant kernel-headers package installed or
if you built the kernel yourself.

Ian.