Re: [Xen-devel] RFC: cpu frequency scaling

Keir Fraser wrote:

Frequency changes in dom0, please. The 'small dom0' issue is easily handled
-- create a driver domain to handle the frequency management. Or move the
potentially resource-intensive processes in dom0 out to a domU

or have a cpufreq "driver domain"...

OK, I'll take a look at how we can do these things.

I'm guessing the way to start would be having either userspace
cpufreq code polling the hypervisor for CPU load, or have a
drivers/cpufreq/cpufreq_ondemand-xen.c that gets the CPU load
information from the hypervisor.

I'm guessing something like xentop already gets the right info
from the hypervisor in a relatively efficient way, or some of
the code in libvirt.

I'll dig around to see what code to hook into...

--
Who do you trust?
The people with all the right answers?