Re: [Xen-devel] [TOOLS][RFC] xc_get_pfn_list() and getmemlist.start_pfn

On 19/10/06 14:54, "Jimi Xenidis" <jimix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> use the start_pfn member of struct xen_domctl_getmemlist
>>> Fix all callers and change xen to pay attention to it, I think I have
>>> the x86-xen patch.
>>
>> Sure. Actually this interface is going away for x86, but not in the
>> immediate future.
>
> Any hints, I'd like to go away for PPC as well :)

It's only really used to get pages in PFN order. This can be done by other
means -- for paravirt save/restore we access the guest's own P2M table; for
HVM guests I intend to change the mapping interface so that all callers
specify pages by PFN rather than MFN. That pretty much leaves only the
domain builder. I could leave the interface just for that I suppose, but
equally we could fill in the initial P2M table when we allocate the domain's
initial memory reservation (since that hypercall returns the PFNs).

Maybe we won't kill the domctl after all, but we'll certainly be using it a
whole lot less.

 -- Keir