Re: SPAM: Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [patch rfc 1/3] xen arch header rework.

  Hi,

>> I can fit it into the xen/include/public subtree so the generated header
>> files are available to everyone and not just private to libxc if that is
>> the way we'll plan to go.
>
> That would make sense. Xen itself will probably need these headers, right?
> At least for the hypercalls where we reimplement/recompile rather than hide
> the conversion in a copying shim?

Right now Jan automatically translates the complete header set, a copy
of the patch is here:

http://www.suse.de/~kraxel/patches/kraxel-unstable-master-xen-hg11731-quilt/32-on-64-compatibility-header-generation.diff

That is the only one from Jan's 32-on-64 patches I've inspected in
detail.  I've played around with that one too.  One of the problems I've
ran into quickly is that including headers for multiple architectures
into one source file doesn't work.  Thats why I've decided to
cherry-pick the stuff which needs translation.  Not sure whenever that
can work for Jan's xen kernel bits too.

cheers,

  Gerd

--