RE: [Xen-devel] SPEC cpu2000 will always fail for ia32 smp hvm guest

  • To: "Keir Fraser" <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Zhao, Fan" <fan.zhao@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 22:02:10 +0800
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 07:02:59 -0700

Keir,
Thanks for your comments. Actually, I do not give a swap partition for both
native and hvm guest when I do the test.
One point which deserves to mention is that the tests for hvm guest and xenu
guest are based on the same image file, which helps to ensure that hvm and xenu
guests share the same testing environment. At this point, xenu guest doesn't
have a swap partition either, but cpu2k could run successfully with 1G memory
in it.
Another point for reference is that cpu2k with 4 users could pass on ia32e hvm
guest with 1G memory, which also does not have a swap partition.

Best regards,
Fan