Re: [Xen-devel] Problem booting fully virtualized (Intel VT) 32b gueston XEN32 unstable

On Fri, Apr 28, 2006 at 10:56:24AM -0400, Ed Smith wrote:

> That worked.  I set my dom0_mem=256M and my domUs now boot fine.
>
> Is this currently a restriction in 32bit XEN?  I don't have to adjust
> the dom0 memory on 64bit XEN.  I thought the balloon driver was supposed
> to allow dom0 to allocate up all the available memory for the hypervisor
> and then let the hypervisor give it out to domU's as needed.

That all works for paravirt domains.  For VT domains, there's certainly one
outstanding bug with not enough memory being ballooned out, because it's not
taking proper account of the video memory required for the domain -- perhaps
you could look into that?  I'm suprised by the double-fault though -- that's
obviously a more serious bug than merely failing to balloon.

Ewan.