RE: [Xen-devel] Full virtualization with Pacifica crashes

  • To: "Alexander Osthof" <aosthof@xxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Woller, Thomas" <thomas.woller@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 11:41:01 -0500
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 09:41:31 -0700

> Attached is the config file for the guest domain.
Specify cpus= explicitly for core 0 (cpus = "0") for your guest, we are
having issues with using a Dom0 SMP with 64bit hv, and then attempting
to start/pin unmodified guests to cores>0 (system reboots).  32bit hv
works fine with SMP Dom0/hv on cores>0.

Also, try using recommendation by Ian for phys
>   disk = [ 'phy:/dev/vg/my_disk, ioemu:hda, w' ]

I've installed win2003 server from cdrom=iso to physical disk /dev/hdb
(100Gig partition) with this method, so it does work for SVM, using
core0 for guest.
disk=['phy:/dev/hdb,ioemu:hda,w']
Specifically.

Can you post output from /proc/cpuinfo from Dom0?

Can you provide last line on serial output where the system hangs when
starting up an unmodified guest? (if no valid output, that's fine the
cpuinfo will help).

thanks
tom