Re: [Xen-devel] Hard lock of server - saved history from serial consolewithin

Ian Pratt wrote:
Yes, an iptable rule for each IP for bandwidth accounting. Also 4 rules in the raw table and 4 rules in the nat table for port redirection. I don't see how the actual iptables rules could effect the kernel though.

(!) iptables causes big changes to the way packets pass through the
kernel.

In particular, it sounds like you may be using connection tracking for
NAT. There were lots of changes in this area for 2.6.16, one of which
broke bridging for large UDP and ICMP datagrams. Seeing what iptables modules you have loaded may be interesting. It doesn't look much like a xen issue, but I wouldn't totally rule it out.

Most all are compiled in. I do use connection tracking. I doubt it is a Xen problem anymore. I am upgrading all kernels to 2.6.16.9 to see if that fixes it. If not I'll have to try 2.6.17-rcX (whatever is the latest). I tried applying it and got many rejects so I don't know how advanced of a kernel hacker I'd have to be to get that working.

Thanks,
Matt