Re: [Xen-users] Where to get 3.0.2 sources?

Ralf Schmitt wrote:
Here:

http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/Research/SRG/netos/xen/downloads/

--Ralf--

Alexander Dubinin wrote:
Hi all,

I see here mentioned Xen 3.0.2 in mails - and tried to find source
tarbbol to download...
But there is no it at http://www.xensource.com/products/downloads/

I have to spit out a rant about this!

In the meantime, 3.0.2 seems to be available on xensource.com, also. But it wasn't at the time of this thread - I've also been looking for it, just didn't loolk oin the uk site.

The last, 3.0.1 release was not available at that .uk site.
Now it seems to be the contrary - the U.K site only had olde rpackages but xensources had new ones.

I think it would be really useful if the xen developers uk and xensource will start getting their distribution policies a bit more synced. Or maybe even one of these two websites closed so they don't need to be snced anymore.

That is confusing people a lot. If you try to get started with xen you are completely confused and it really takes a lot of time to find out where to get the newest version and where to find an appropriate tutorial. (Often the tutorials available in public don't tell for which version of the host/guest oses and version of xen they are written for).

The latter ist not xen developers fault, but the former seems to be. That doesn't mean I don't honour wour work, but it could be much easier for users to get started if this where a bit clearer. Like it is currently, you simply don't know which of the two sites is the "real" main website for xen.

Also confusing, if you want the xen sources tarball, you need to go to the xensource.com download page, the click on "pre built binary tarballs" and the there's a link to a source package.
That's not exactly what helps people getting sterted with xen.

Henning