Re: [Xen-devel] 3.0.2-testing: pci_set_dma_mask, pci_set_consistent_dma_mask(pci, 0x0fffffff) returns < 0 (ICE1712)

Hi,

On Wed, 2006-04-12 at 17:55 +0100, Keir Fraser wrote:

> I think we will support it out of the box when I get some more time to
> hack on the Xen memory allocator.

Are there plans to extend it to allow targeted freeing of memory in
specific physical regions?  That would improve the ability to support
odd dma masks, but would also directly improve other things like the pgd
starvation issue that we're currently working around with the
lowmem_emergency_pool.  It would be good to have a generic approach to
that which did not require custom boot parameters.

--Stephen