RE: [Xen-devel] ksoftirq/0 eating all cpu time

  • To: "Hans-Christian Armingeon" <mog.johnny@xxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 16:58:27 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 08:58:48 -0700

> But the other Problem I have with this machine is, that when
> I run a make -j3 in dom0, the domUs are very slow, even if
> there is only one domU.

The default scheduling parameters are set assuming that the only thing
running in dom0 is the control tool stack and the physical device
drivers.

If you're actually logged in and running stuff in dom0 then the defaults
are terrible as they basically give dom0 much higher priority than
everything else.

Ian