[Xen-devel] RE: PAE dom0 is broken with the default config

I built PAE Xen with the default config, and it is not booting. Log is bellow. If I replace the linux-defconfig_xen_x86_32 file with the linux-defconfig_xen0_x86_32 before building then dom0 is able to boot and see more than 4Gig memory. This looks like a dom0 kernel config issue. Do you care PAE dom0 for 3.0.2 with the default config? Is anybody working on this?

This seems pretty unlikely to be a PAE issue -- we do quite extensive
testing.

Are you sure you have the right initrd? Is the same scsi driver being
used as in the -xen0 case?

I suspect there may indeed be some sort of problem with PAE. I have domU
RHEL4-U2
SMP 32-bit kernel that dies when it tries to set PAE bit in CR4 --- it
can't find translation for the next instruction (and for anything else, for
that matter: it keeps then getting GPFs on ignore_int's first instruction).

UP version of the same kernel and SMP versions of other kernels, such as 2.6.16,
don't have this problem.

-boris