RE: [Xen-devel] Does dom0 see all physical processors? (RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] SAL INFO virtualization)

I understand and sympathize with the need for dom0 to
sometimes get and use information from each processor
that is only available if dom0 is running on each processor.

However, AFAIK, SMP guests are always gang-scheduled, correct?
(If not, aren't there some very knotty research issues related
to locking and forward progress?)

So on a 16-processor system, every time dom0 needs to
run (e.g. to handle backend I/O for any one of perhaps hundreds
of domains), *every* domain gets descheduled so that dom0
can be (gang-)scheduled on all 16 processors?

If true, this sounds like a _horrible_ performance hit, so
I hope I'm misunderstanding something...

Dan