Re: [Xen-devel] [RFH] xen domain0 failover stuff

Hi,

On Fri, 2006-03-31 at 10:44 -0500, Don Zickus wrote:

> > CTRL-a CTRL-a CTRL-a m
> >
> > Typing that should show you what's available, I suspect it's less than
> > the swiotlb is asking for.
>
> You know I have never been able to get this to work.  It keeps wanting to
> initializing my modem (minicom uses the same CTRL-a interface).  :)  Or
> maybe this is because I am using the redhat version.

"ttywatch" (it's in fedora-extras) is what I use for serial console
monitoring.  It logs stuff permanently in the background, with proper
log file rotation; but it also lets you connect to the console live, via
a per-port telnet-to-serial relay, when you need it.  And it passes ^A
through just fine.

btw, for FC5 xen builds, it turns out that serial console input (which
is needed for the HV to see the ^A's) doesn't work unless you specify
pnpacpi=off on the kernel boot line.  We need to work out why: I suspect
that the ACPI pnp bios is tweaking the serial lines for mouse probing
and is upsetting the HV console input in the process.

--Stephen