[Xen-devel] 3.0.2 imminent

  • To: "xen-devel" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 21:26:27 -0000
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 21:28:00 +0000

Folks,

Rumour has it that 2.6.16 final is going to be released in the next few
days, which is one of the main prerequisities for rolling a 3.0.2 Xen
release. I hope we can get the release out shortly afterward.

Here's a list of what I think needs to be done. If you're aware of other
high-priority bugs/issues please shout:

 * checkin 2.6.16 final
 * integrate final version of xml-rpc patch (despite being quite big, I
regard this as relatively low risk as we have good test coverage with
xm-test)
 * track down the "time went backward" issue introduced by the
block-time accounting patch.
 * hvm occasional network rx packet corruption bug (pcnet32 emulation)

It would be great if people could start giving -unstable some heavy duty
testing over the next few days so we can make this a great release.

NB: We really need to make a concerted effort to clean up bugilla. I
browsed a sample of open issues and I believe many have already been
fixed (though I have yet to verify). As a general plea to all
developers, lets try and get the bugilla database cleaned up so that its
more useful again as a tool. I know some folks prefer working just from
the mailing list, but the 'history' that bugzilla provides is useful for
issues that don't get cleared up straight away.

Best,
Ian