Re: [Xen-devel] Question about hyper-threading of domains

> > 1) You don't have SMT (luckily, I have a bunch of machines like that
> > back home ;-)). Do the recent Opterons and Itaniums have SMT btw?
>
> No neither the latest Opterons nor the Itaniums have explicit SMT.

I don't think AMD has much interest in SMT for the foreseeable future -
they're jumping straight to multicore.  Intel doesn't bother with HT on
anything but the Pentium 4 because its pipeline is so much longer than
anything else...

And the thought of implementing an SMT Itanium really scares me :-) (although
I don't doubt they do consider it an option)

Cheers,
Mark