Re: [Xen-devel] Preview of Next Generation VM-Tools

Anthony Liguori wrote:
Hi all,

I've posted a preview release of the next generation of VM-Tools. This generation of the tool chain will be different from the existing versions of VM-Tools in a number of important ways. Below are the highlights:

o Single daemon based system
o Support for 3.0 and 2.0.x trees
o Improved logging via syslog
o Many others

This is just a preview release and is not meant to be used for anything other than simply understanding the new architecture. The README in the tarball includes a list of what's working and what's not working.

hi Anthony,

there seems to be a race in the creation of new domains, if I run the commands from the README in a script, xenctld prints:

xenctld: New domain-0
xenctld: Binding to port 0:0
xenctld: Got message destined 1:0:1
xenctld: Received msg for unknown domain-1
xenctld: New domain-1
xenctld: evtchn_bind_interdomain(32752,1,0,1) failed: Invalid argument
xenctld: Failed opening event channel

Whereas If I put a 'sleep 1' between each of the lines in the script, the domain starts up and connects the conosole without problems.

Jacob\\