Re: [Xen-devel] domU Filesystems

> What is the best way to create guest (domU) filesystems? I am
> currently running the latest version on Xen on FC3 and would like to
> create a Redhat 9 and Fedora Core 1 filesystem for use on domU's. What
> is the best way to accomplish this, and also ... will Redhat 9 boot on
> the 2.6.11 kernel (I'm using the xen & kernel-xen0 & U rpms from the
> FC4test1 repository ... it only comes with 2.6 kernels)? If not how
> can I add another xenU kernel (2.4 version)?

There are a number of filesystems available from the UML world.  It's fairly
easy to
(loop) mount them, make the changes to fstab, and then copy the entire tree into
where ever you run your domUs from...

http://uml.linode.com (u-m-l.sf.net mirror, a few oldies but goodies)
http://uml.linode.com/root_fs.rh-9-full.pristine.20030724.bz2
ftp://ftp.express.org/pub/uml/fedora-core1-server-uml20040129.tar.bz2

Red Hat 9 will boot on a 2.6 kernel, just watch out for the /lib/tls issue.

-Chris