Re: [Xen-devel] 2.6.10-xen0 crash / oom / page fault

  • To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 16:52:49 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 14:54:09 +0000

On Fri, Mar 04, 2005 at 02:17:18PM +0200, Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm using xen 2.0 testing-src dated 03 feb 2005.
>
> Dom0 is running 2.6.10-xen0 patched with patch-2.6.10-as5 (security fixes).
>
> The dom0 kernel has now crashed twice, it stays something like 3 days up
> before crashing.
>
> Syslog messages available here:
> http://nrg.joroinen.fi/xen-dom0-2.6.10-xen0-crash.txt
>
> It seems that the machine goes OOM. Dom0 is using 128 MB of RAM, and 1024 MB
> of swap.
>
> Dom0 is running Debian sarge/testing, software raid5, lvm and xen. nothing
> else.
> I'm running couple of mostly idle xenU's with this box.

Somebody else seeing this? Dom0 crashed again during the weekend.. the box
reboots when the crash/oom happens.

I was running a script from the cron which logs the mem/swap/cpu usage every
5 minutes.. Analyzing the log, I didn't see anything special before the
crash.. swap almost totally unused etc. On the other hand, 1 GB of swap is
easily filled
in 5 minutes if the python or something else goes crazy..

During the latest crash there were same kind of messages in the syslog..
python causing page allocation failure etc.

-- Pasi Kärkkäinen

                                   ^
                                .     .
                                 Linux