Re: [Xen-devel] File System Performance - 10x slower

> I am evaluating File I/O performance using Xen & comparing it with
> baseline (Fedora Core 3, with 2.6.9 kernel).

[snip poor I/O results]

> Can someone why I am getting such huge difference in performance
> compared to baseline ??

What version of Xen are you using? 2.0.x [preferably 2.0.3]?

Did you move /lib/tls out of the way on the various root filesystems?

I ask since it should be almost *impossible* to get anything more
than a very small % slowdown on disk I/O unless things are very
broken -- most of our benchmarks to date show 0% slowdown (and
in some cases involving domU, a speedup due to additional buffering).

Can you post the output of Xen / dom0 / domU booting, and your
configuration files?

cheers,

S.