xense-devel

Re: [Xen-devel] RFC: virtual network access control

To: Reiner Sailer <sailer@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] RFC: virtual network access control
From: Gerd Hoffmann <kraxel@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 17:13:07 +0200
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xense-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Bryan D Payne <bdpayne@xxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 08:13:47 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Reiner Sailer wrote:
> We are interested in controlling access based on the security labels of
> sender and receiver domains, not based on IP or other traditional
> firewall packet attributes.
>
> We see other problems as well: IPtables seems to not see any of the
> ethernet-bridged packets. If you wanted to use IPtables then you
> would need to replace the ethernet bridge with routing each packet.

You want CONFIG_BRIDGE_NETFILTER=y, this makes iptabes see bridged packets.

Additionally you need CONFIG_NETFILTER_XT_MATCH_PHYSDEV=y, that allows
matching on the physical device name for bridged packets.  That way you
can filter by domain (because each domain has its own virtual bridge
port) instead of ip/mac address.

cheers,

  Gerd

--