xense-devel

[Xense-devel] [Q] about vTPM

To: xense-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xense-devel] [Q] about vTPM
From: Atsushi SAKAI <sakaia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 14:50:38 +0900
Delivery-date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 22:51:43 -0700
Sender: xense-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have several questions on vTPM implementation on Xen.
I would be appreciated if you answer the questions.

1.GVTPM is seems like ideal model of current vTPM implementaion.
  Is this true?
  (for example, securestorege.c is in vtpm_manager)

2.I think vTPM key functionality is migration of vTPM instance.
  But It seems not implemented. Is this true?
  It seems like the migration key is the builtin HW-TPM function only.

3.Currently vTPM implementaion is only ParaVM.
  Is there any plan to support FullVM?

4.vtpm document(docs/misc/vtpm.txt) is little bit old.
  So the documentation does not infar the Infineon chip.
  I think Infineon chip is supported.

Related Links
 vTPM: Virtualizing the Trusted Platform Module
http://domino.research.ibm.com/library/cyberdig.nsf/1e4115aea78b6e7c85256b360066f0d4/a0163fff5b1a61fe85257178004eee39?OpenDocument&Highlight=0,RC23879

Intel's Presentation on Xen Security
http://www.xensource.com/files/XenSecurity_Intel_CRozas.pdf

Thanks.