Re: [Xen-users] How to get pygrub to load grub2 guest on Squeeze Dom0.

On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 11:13 AM, Bud Bundy <budric@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Kyle, thanks for the suggestions.  The guest installs onto a logical volume
> in Dom 0 (/dev/storage/fc16).  Then the guest further partitions that device
> into ext4 for /boot, and the rest is LVM and ext4 for / mount point.  I
> don't think that's the problem.  Nothing exotic like btrfs.
> Todd, thanks.  I'm not sure I follow your suggestions.  The link has a patch
> to pygrub.  I can't install it since it's for Red Hat and I'm running Debian
> Squeeze.  And there's nothing else in /var/log/xen/xend.log relevant to that
> domain that's failing to start.

Then try running it manually. Something like

pygrub -i /path/to/your/domU/root/fs/image

... then watch what happens. If it spits out errors, try to work on that.

If it seem to hang with high cpu usage, most likely the fs isn't
supported (I think I have a version somewhere that doesn't even
support ext4, only ext2/3).

It might be the case that pygrub got confused with nested menus. In
that case you can try creating a grub.cfg manually, or create
/boot/grub/menu.lst (i.e. old-style grub1 config) manually.

--
Fajar