[Xen-users] Re: Re: I have no xenbr0 and peth0 with bridge-utils package

To: list@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Re: Re: I have no xenbr0 and peth0 with bridge-utils package
From: hxkhust <hxkhust@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 10:37:25 +0800 (CST)
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 19:39:00 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Fajar,

Thanks for your proposal.
because I plan to make some development in the xen source codes,I cannot use distro-bundled Xen and have to compile them by myself.
I  install xen on CentOS 6.0 .When i try to set up xend ,there is something wrong happening.The following is about the outcome of some commands(including "brctl show")just after opening the gnome-terminal.

[root@localhost ~]# brctl show
bridge name bridge id  STP enabled interfaces
[root@localhost ~]# service xencommons start
Starting xenstored...
Setting domain 0 name...
Starting xenconsoled...
[root@localhost ~]# service xend start
RTNETLINK answers: Device or resource busy
[root@localhost ~]# service xendomains start
[root@localhost ~]# brctl show
bridge name bridge id  STP enabled interfaces
tmpbridge  8000.000000000000 no
[root@localhost ~]#

I can do nothing about this and this problem have influence on vms' creation.Help please.

**********************************************************************************************************************
//The words below are previous.

> Dear list members,
>
> I have a problem when i finish installing the xen 4.1.2 and linux kernel
> 3.0.4.
>
> After I start the services of xencommons,xend and xendomains, I cannot find
> the xenbr0 and peth0 using the command 'ifconfig'.Meanwhile new vms cannot
> be set up normally. I confirm that i have installed the package of
> bridge-utils and the line "(network-script network-bridge)" in
> xend-config.sxp is without the beginning of "#".
>
> This problem is important to me and i have taken a lot of time on it.
> I need  your advice.please help me.

Short answer: don't bother. Just use distro-bundled Xen, and if
there's a problem people using the same distro can help you.

Long answer:
Newer version of Xen won't have xenbr0. This is normal. The bridge
will be eth0 (or whatever your primary network device is). What is the
output of "brctl show"?

Also, the current recommended way to setup bridge is to use your
distro's mechanism (e.g. /etc/network/interfaces,
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/*), so you shouldn't use network-bridge
script.

--
Fajar

网易公开课推出哈佛最受欢迎《幸福》课程,帮您修满幸福学分!