Re: [Xen-users] I have no xenbr0 and peth0 with bridge-utils package ins

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] I have no xenbr0 and peth0 with bridge-utils package installed
From: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <list@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 10:08:44 +0700
Delivery-date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 20:09:58 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
2011/10/31 hxkhust <hxkhust@xxxxxxx>:
> Dear list members,
>
> I have a problem when i finish installing the xen 4.1.2 and linux kernel
> 3.0.4.
>
> After I start the services of xencommons,xend and xendomains, I cannot find
> the xenbr0 and peth0 using the command 'ifconfig'.Meanwhile new vms cannot
> be set up normally. I confirm that i have installed the package of
> bridge-utils and the line "(network-script network-bridge)" in
> xend-config.sxp is without the beginning of "#".
>
> This problem is important to me and i have taken a lot of time on it.
> I need  your advice.please help me.

Short answer: don't bother. Just use distro-bundled Xen, and if
there's a problem people using the same distro can help you.

Long answer:
Newer version of Xen won't have xenbr0. This is normal. The bridge
will be eth0 (or whatever your primary network device is). What is the
output of "brctl show"?

Also, the current recommended way to setup bridge is to use your
distro's mechanism (e.g. /etc/network/interfaces,
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/*), so you shouldn't use network-bridge
script.

--
Fajar