RE: [Xen-users] Xen Cloud Platform maximum configurations

To: "'Xen-user-list'" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Xen Cloud Platform maximum configurations
From: <admin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 00:01:05 -0500
Delivery-date: Sun, 23 Oct 2011 22:03:13 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I would not encourage anybody to decide which platform to sue simply based
on maximum configuration numbers (such as max memory or max CPUs).  It is a
misleading way of going about things, and it would likely create the wrong
conclusions.  For example, if you looked at max memory per guest, when would
you really need to roll out a cloud solution with 1TB of RAM per guest?  For
that matter, how often would you design a solution that needed even 128GB of
RAM per guest?

If you are planning to virtualize a combination of desktop computers and
typical servers, it is extremely unlikely you would ever need to approach
any platform's maximums.  There are probably other criteria that should get
more weight.  Things like cost do factor in regardless of the size and scope
of a project.  If you turn in your course conclusion and focus only on the
max numbers for each platform (while ignoring actual real world concerns),
you will likely get the grade you earned.  Best of luck with it.