Re: [Xen-users] Wanted: XCP 1.1 tutorial for creating VMs from scratch u

To: Mark Schneider <ms@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Wanted: XCP 1.1 tutorial for creating VMs from scratch using xe CLI
From: Andrew Eross <eross@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 20:43:08 -0300
Cc: "M. Schneider" <ms@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 16:44:55 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hey Mark,

I have to concur there, the hardest part for me starting with XCP was simply understanding what it is (esp. it's precise relationship to Xen/XenServer), what it does, and then how to set it up.

I know Lars and the guys are actively aware of this and working on the documentation/wiki.

I recently signed up on the wiki and started typing up a few pages to hopefully help, in particular please check out this intro page and see if it answers some of your questions.I hope everyone finds it is correct and helpful:
http://wiki.xen.org/xenwiki/XCP_Introduction.. this is a step, but a start-to-finish tutorial is lacking and would be great to have.

I also added a section for Getting Started under the overview, and http://wiki.xen.org/xenwiki/XCP_HowTo with a starting small selection of XCP specific how-tos, hopefully others might want to continue to refine and expand these areas?

Cheers,
Andrew

Andrew Eross
CTO