[Xen-users] vga passthrough, Code 10 this device cannot start

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] vga passthrough, Code 10 this device cannot start
From: Tim Stowell <stowellt@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2011 22:45:42 -0600
Delivery-date: Thu, 08 Sep 2011 21:46:42 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all,

I'm running Xen 4.1 using Kernel 3.1 as Dom0 and a Windows 7 HVM guest. I have VT-D enabled, and I'm using pci passthrough for an Nvidia Quadro FX3800M card (currently used as a secondary card with gfx_passthru=0 in my config file)

I'm able to install Nvidia drivers in Windows 7, but after reboot there is a yellow exclamation point in device manager with an error of "Code 10 this device cannot start" (although device manager does properly display the Quadro FX3800 name of my card) Some searching shows that this might be related to an irq issue (Nvidia suggests on their site to check the "assign irq to vga" but that option isn't in my motherboard's bios.) Has anyone seen this kind of error before? Thanks!