RE: [Xen-users] Easiest OS to use for xen 4.0?

To: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Easiest OS to use for xen 4.0?
From: "Beasley, Julien" <Julien.Beasley@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 14:35:33 -0500
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Delivery-date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 12:38:11 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The reason I need Xen 4 specifically is that I need to use PCI-passthrough from
graphics card with multiple GPUs -- from
(http://wiki.xen.org/xenwiki/XenPCIpassthrough)

        If you want to manually override this in Xen 4.0.0 or newer you can
specify "pci-passthrough-strict-check no" in /etc/xen/xend-config.sxp, and
after restarting xend passthru code won't give this error anymore. In some
(many?) cases PCI passthru can work after this change.

So it seems this is only supported in Xen 4. So let me ask the question again,
now that I understand my own requirements better :)

What is the easiest OS to use for XEN 4 dom0?

I've also been experimenting with XCP, which has worked great so far, but the
problem I'm having is setting the PCI-passthrough from the snippet above. The
configuration is different in XCP than in Xen, there's no xend-config.sxp to
modify (at least not that I've found). So I'm okay with *either* a dom0 that
supports Xen 4 (OpenSuSE was not good for this as the networking didn’t work
out of the box), or a way to configure XCP to do PCI-passthrough as per the
snippet above.

Any thoughts?

Thank you!

Julien