Re: [Xen-users] [Project Kronos] XAPI and XenCenter

To: "eneal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <eneal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] [Project Kronos] XAPI and XenCenter
From: Mike McClurg <mike.mcclurg@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 11:42:09 +0100
Cc: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 03:43:30 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 14/08/11 18:30, Errol Neal wrote:
> On Sun, 08/14/2011 12:30 PM, Errol Neal <eneal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi. I followed the instructions for getting xapi onto debian squeeze and it
>> worked just fine with very little issues. I was trying to see if I could use
>> XenCenter to manage the hypervisor much like I do with XCP and I'm getting
>> an error from XenCenter saying that the version of XenCenter is out of date.
>> I've tried the xapi_version_override trick which does not seem to remedy the
>> issue.
>>
> forgot to include that i'm running XenCenter 5.6 SP2. Here is a log entry
> from XenCenter:

Thanks for reporting that. You may want to give OpenXenManager a try
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/openxenmanager/). It's an open-source
clone of XenCenter, and it's written in python so it'll work on Windows
and Linux. I don't believe it has the version checking problems that
XenCenter does, though I haven't tried using either with xapi on Debian.

Mike