Re: [Xen-users] about dom0 disconnection when domU reboot

To: Felix Chu <felixchu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] about dom0 disconnection when domU reboot
From: Diego Augusto Molina <diegoaugustomolina@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 12:12:58 -0300
Delivery-date: Thu, 04 Aug 2011 08:13:46 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=GMUedZ2mOkZ/RFV5UOIsuwKPHTNf2MQrtjwYnJhJokg=; b=Yeoeesty7p53qPq/yLpNWM+YbRwrAIsqFIqBz4C2EJNmef8ZxT6ax1k7AwjOYGB4xK Zr53Zb9KNiSeE9ywDqByJgW9QjksVuxKrWXOwS5I3hsBPt+e7xkWJsIfPrDMSB26s3eL QuYDU5Ftuj9m/Z0sdpcEyDjtKcthV2QUuSpWU=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
2011/8/4, Felix Chu <felixchu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Hello,

Hello!

> I have installed rpm version of xen 3.4.3+ libvirt 0.7.0-6 on my server with
> Centos 5.4 (kernel 2.6.18-238.12.1.el5xen)
>

> When I run reboot a domU (para virtualized Linux) by command "virsh reboot
> [vm]", sometimes domU cannot be rebooted but sometimes can, pattern is
> random.

What does the log say about? (e.g. xend.log, xend-debug.log,
domain-builder-ng.log)

> Also sometimes when domU reboots by "virsh reboot [vm]" , my ssh connection
> to dom0 will be disconnected. I even cannot ping dom0. After a short while
> about few seconds to minutes, it will resume and able ssh to dom0 again.

Can you identify the network scripts? If so you may better debug them
by putting this three sentences before anything gets executed:

#!/bin/bash
## Some comment...
exec 3> /var/log/temporal.log
export BASH_XTRACEFD=3
set -x

If the scripts are bash scripts, that will log every command executed
to the specified log file, and we will be able to trace each
networking command executed and better debug the problem.

--
Diego Augusto Molina
diegoaugustomolina@xxxxxxxxx

ES: Por favor, evite adjuntar documentos de Microsoft Office. Serán
desestimados.
EN: Please, avoid attaching Microsoft Office documents. They shall be discarded.
LINK: http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html