[Xen-users] Issues starting xend when using network-nat and vif-nat Debi

To: xen list <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Issues starting xend when using network-nat and vif-nat Debian
From: Larry Ing <larry@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 13:18:30 -0700
Delivery-date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 13:19:44 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am using Debian Squeeze with Xen 4.0.1 and Xen tools 4.1.1.  The
reason I am using Xen tool 4.1.1 is that Debian's Xen-tools has a bug
where it is missing hotplugpath.sh and is therefore unable to use
network-routes and network-nat in the xend-config.sxp file.  So I
scouted around Debian's bug with a newer xen-tools and tried using
(network-script network-nat) and (vif-script vif-nat).  Now I get the
following when doing "/etc/init.d/xend start:"
http://pastebin.com/NiHrkMv7 .  If I switch back to using
(network-script network-bridge) and (vif-script vif-bridge), xend seems
to start because no errors are displayed when running "/etc/init.d/xend
start," but I am unable to connect to the hypervisor.

On a side note, before having used (network-script network-bridge) and
(vif-script vif-bridge),  My VMs under Xen were unable to connect to the
network.  While the VMs were running, I did see extra interfaces under
ifconfig that did seem to be bridges for the VMs.

Does anyone have a solutions as to how I can get NAT networking to run
with Xen or how I can revert back to the bridge method and successfully
use it?