Re: [Xen-users] how to deploy xen network , take vmware'network as examp

To: yue <ooolinux@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] how to deploy xen network , take vmware'network as example.
From: Todd Deshane <todd.deshane@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 09:48:34 -0400
Cc: xen-user <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 06:50:13 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:sender:in-reply-to:references:from:date :x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject:to:cc:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=EjCjJdkBgjtiqi8yy87sl5A6N+MY1FSslsANXGzy3Ys=; b=w/OPAhq3ZHtMlh1KYEZmjOoWyg5SFJgLhNC/hwNhtzMUL+9K7/K3zMM9iGTeV7eSTB pBGkUIVgo78JSCinYcbUZEagTOCUyX5W7yQiCKeCqCCas1Y7I+o1lqrfm7NlYqMQ9+dR 21kBXqwqKThOKNOhF6xXoCN/3JhpokXw+NUKk=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
2011/7/24 yue <ooolinux@xxxxxxx>:
> hi all, as you know ,vmware implements complex network to power its
> application.
> i want to know if you know  or have experences in deploying xen'network
> taking vmware'network as example, including bridge,nat,host?
> if the aviliable technoligy of linux can  implement xen'network as power as
> vmware does, and how to.

http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/HostConfiguration/Networking
http://www.andrewsorensen.net/blog/post/nat-networking-in-debian-squeeze

when you say host, i believe you mean host-only. Linux can accomplish
this with dummy interfaces (just make a dummy interface in Linux and
treat it like a bridge).

Thanks,
Todd

> thanks