Re: [Xen-users] Keyboard don't work on Debian Squeeze with Xen 4.0.1-2

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Keyboard don't work on Debian Squeeze with Xen 4.0.1-2
From: Simon Hobson <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2011 09:14:29 +0100
Delivery-date: Sat, 23 Jul 2011 01:17:11 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Rafael Braga wrote:

I'm using Debian Squeeze and installed Xen 4.0.1-2
available in the package xen-linux-system-2.6.32-5-xen-amd64 via apt-get.
When I try to reboot the system using the dom0 kernel, the keyboard
simply does not work. Xen works correctly, the mouse functions,
not only the keyboard. In other kernels the problem is not
occurs.

I can't help with your specific question, but I can confirm that that very combination does work - I have it on an HP ML150 (or could be ML115) server at work.

My best guess is that there's something 'oddball' about the keyboard and it's the specific combination of keyboard,Xen, and Kernel that's makes the issue manifest itself. Have you tried plugging in an external (USB) keyboard and see if that makes any difference ?

--
Simon Hobson